Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



She is a wife, a mom, a grandma, a daughter, a sister, a best friend... and MY AMAZING MOTHER. She has 5 daughters which over the years has resulted in many bows, curls, dance classes, carpools, shopping, drama, laughs, cries.... She has always been involved in everything 100%. How she does not run out of energy I am not sure. She always puts her best face forward!!

At the age of 35 her doctor discovered a heart murmur and after a cat scan discovered a hole in her heart. She was told that she would be having open heart surgery!! Heart surgery did not stop her from carrying on as a wife and a mother of 5. After many prayers and priesthood blessings she had surgery at the LDS hospital and my dad was by her side through it all. I was able to see her only a couple hours after the surgery and I remember being so scared! She was still in the ICU and just coming out of it. After a few days at the hospital she returned home to our family where we took care of her and helped her in her recovery process. I made myself a nurse badge just like the nurses taking care of her at the hospital had (ha). I remember everyone telling her over and over that she needed to take it easy and make sure to get the rest she needed. She wanted to immediately carry on as if the surgery had never happened. Not once did she show fear in the whole process. She handled the situation as if it was just another task on her list of things to do. If she was scared she never showed it... Which was a huge comfort to the rest of us. She of course knew everything would be OK!! You would never believe she had had the surgery if it wasn't for the scar on her chest.

She also owns her own business and does the work of about 10 people all on her own!! She is incredible. She is one of the busiest ladies you'll ever meet and also one of the most compassionate, giving, unselfish! She is constantly putting others before herself and wants to make sure everybody is happy. She has many, many talents such as decorating! She is funny and she also has great style!! I completely trust her to shop for me.. she always picks out cute clothes! One of my favorite memories is going with her to Relief Society and also listening to her lessons when she taught there (at that time I was living at home and going to Weber). I think at that time when I lived at home is when my mom really became a friend as well. She is one of my best friends! I am so lucky to have her for a mom and to have her in my life. She has always been there for me and I will always be there for her! ...... I LOVE YOU MOM!

4 comments:

Blueberries N Cucumbers said...

Very cute pic! Oh I am so grateful for Mothers!

{Rollins Family} said...

Your mom sounds like an amazing and strong women, what a great women for ou to look up to.

BRITT said...

She is an amazing mother. That was nice to read. Your sweet.

Amy Lou said...

I had no idea your mom had open heart surgery.. Learn something new every day... What a tough woman... Aren't mothers just amazing! Sweet post Maeg :)